At RPS School, Mohindergarh, Education for Life, Excellence in Education and Commitment to a meaningful Education are of prime importance. Quality education is provided to each and every child. RPS believes that love for education should be developed for children in initial years and conditions should be created for them to pursue a positive approach in life.
A unidirectional teaching method is being increasingly substituted by a multidirectional group workshop method. Here the teacher becomes the group co¬¬-ordinator initiating work, nurturing students without the phobia of examinations and homework. Development of oral and written expression is emphasized upon. Home assignments are not a carry-over of class work but oriented towards honing individual talents.
RPS School, Mohindergarh is affiliated with the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE).
The School has students enrolled from grade 6 to grade 12. In the 11th and 12th all students prepare for the All India Senior School Certificate Examination (also a national exam). The students are offered the following combinations of subjects :
Ranks and Honors
- Science : English, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Computer Science, Biology.
- Commerce : English, Mathematics, Economics, Accountancy, Business Studies, Computer Science.
- Humanities :
- English - Compulsory (Subject Option 1)
- Psychology/Sociology/Mathematics (Subject Option 2)
- History/Geography/Mathematics (Subject Option 3)
- Political Science/Psychology/Geography (Subject Option 4)
- Economics/Sociology/Political Science/Multimedia and Web Technology/Hindi (Subject Option 5)
RPS does not rank its students. However, an average ranking on the basis of percentiles is often done to facilitate college admission procedures.
Academic ability is recognized in the form of a 'Scholar Badge', which is given to students who achieve over 80% in their examinations. Students who get above 80% for three consecutive years receive a 'Blue Blazer', and those who get above 80% for six consecutive years receive a 'Blue Tie'. If they graduate with above 80% they are awarded a Gold Medal by the School.